Cooktop Cove: Make this awesome baked chicken noodle casserole with items in your pantry already
A classic casserole recipe knows how to make the most of pantry staples like cream of chicken soup and frozen veggies. To get the recipe below on the table, you might not even need to go to the supermarket.
This recipe contains quite a large proportion of frozen peas and carrots, which is a great way to get your kids to eat more veggies at dinner. When they're mixed into the creamy, cheesy sauce with the richly flavored egg noodles, there's no saying no — and it's even better if you serve it with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Baked chicken noodle casserole
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
1 pound egg noodles
1/2 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
8 ounces frozen peas
6 ounces frozen diced carrots
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the onion.
Cook until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
4. Combine all the ingredients from chicken to carrots in a large bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss with onions and garlic and cooked noodles to combine.
5. Pour the mixture in a casserole dish.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove